Fly Racing is the world's fastest growing MX brand and offers a range of products for any need or budget. Here's a look at the Kenetic jersey, pants and gloves. Review: Ben O'Brien
Fly Racing Kinetic Pants and Trifecta Mesh Jersey
Having held off giving my opinion on the latest riding gear from Fly Racing has given me a much better chance to really test everything out over the previous months and find the pros and cons of each piece.
Styling on both is a standout with eye catching matched graphics and plenty of colour options. Obviously what you’re after will depend on what you ride, with matching gear to your bike an obvious choice, but Fly Racing have plenty of options to suit any rider.
Gearing up can be a bit of an effort, if like me you wear knee braces, and Fly Racing obviously know this. They have made life easier by having plenty of room in this area as well as stretch panels exactly where they need to be. Both the Kinetic pants and jersey are easy to get on and easy to move around in, ensuring long term comfort.
Offering a fair bit of adjustability on the pants with side velcro straps and a ratcheting front buckle fit is a really good feature. A YKK heavy duty zipper means it will last, long term.
A lot of riding I tend to do is very technical and I get hot very quickly, especially in the Australian summer conditions, so the seriously ventilated jersey is a welcome fit with perforated panels down both sides.
Both bits of kit have held up extremely well with no rips or tears, no pulled stitching and no fading, despite going through the wash numerous times.
Fly Racing Kinetic Trifecta Mesh jersey features:
- Integrated Mesh-tech panel design allows massive airflow to help keep you cool
- Multi-panel construction for maximum performance and a comfortable fit
- Comfort-Stretch collar constructed of thermoplastic rubber, Lycra® and stretch-rib materials for increased function and fit
- Shorty cuffs with elastic sleeves reduces unwanted arm pump
- Mesh ventilation panels integrated into the jersey in key areas helps dissipate unwanted heat
- Tagless printed collar for added comfort
- Sublimated graphics are the highest quality in powerful detailed graphics
- Extended tail helps keep jersey tucked into pants
- Standard fit – not too loose, not too tight
Fly Racing Kinetic pants features:
- Ultra-durable multi-panel 900D construction to withstand the rigors of track and trail while providing extra breathability.
- Leather heat shield panels with Kevlar(r) stitching located on the inside of each leg for durability and heat resistance.
- Ergonomically pre-shaped and fully vented knee generously contoured to accommodate all types of knee braces and guards while a massive air-intake system cools and protects.
- Ratcheting fly closure allows for adjustability and positive closure for a secure fit.
- Exclusive zipper lock system keeps pants closed and secure.
- Adjustable waist belt for maximum fit and adjustability on the go.
- “Soft-Flex” protective rubber badging ventilated for increased airflow, mechanically integrated.
- Stretch-rib panels strategically placed for flexibility where you want it most.
- Comfort mesh liner keeps you comfortable and cool.
- Full-Floating seat surrounded by stretch-rib material, designed to move with you.
- Customizable leg cuff design: low profile stretch cuffs with removable elastic band.
- Internal pocket located inside the waistband.
Fly Racing Kinetic Gloves
The Kinetic gloves are now my go-to glove for everything. Having large hands I seem to have trouble with gloves but not anymore. These gloves fit like, well, a glove!
Being made different from most other gloves with the stretch material over the back of the hand and fingers means that there is no loose fitting material which seems to help reduce blisters. They are very lightweight but so far have held up perfectly. Highly recommended.
Fly Racing Kinetic glove features:
- Super comfortable, lightweight race glove with a softer hand feel for improved comfort
- Woven four-way stretch and Lycra® panel construction for flexibility, comfort and air flow
- Soft-flex TPR graphics
- Excellent ventilation
- Reinforced double layer palm and reinforced thumb
- Silicone finger grippers
- Adjustable synthetic leather wrist closure
- Split knuckles with ventilated gusset
For more information on the Fly Racing products range see Mcleod Accessories, the Australian importer’s website, or visit your local stockist. The Fly Racing Kinetic Trifecta Jersey is available from $49.95 RRP, the Fly Racing Kinetic pants are available from $159.95 RRP, the Fly Racing Kinetic gloves are available from $39.95 RRP.