Kymco have announced the 2018 AK550 Maxi-Scooter model, arriving in December for $11,990 + ORC, and offering a premium sport/touring scooter option.
KYMCO Australia have announced the arrival of their new flagship maxi scooter, the AK550 – a maxi-scooter that has the best of both worlds of performance and touring with key attributes of lightweight construction, aluminium frame, hollow design aluminium wheels and low weight radial tyres and an impressive power to weight ratio.
“KYMCO has really done an incredible job with the AK550, such a brilliant piece of machinery, equipped with an exciting list of industry leading features, sure to impress the most meticulous of scooter enthusiasts,” said KYMCO Australia Director Michael Poynton.
With the tagline, ‘the thrills of touring,’ the AK550 delivers features that will please both spirited scooter riders and the adventurous tourer.
A low seat height gives the rider comfortable ergonomics and confidence in maneuvering, enhancing the riding experience. The AK550 has a low centre of gravity and near 50/50 weight distribution front to back, creating ideal handling characteristics.
Performance braking is also featured with twin Brembo calipers on dual 280mm floating discs up front, and a single caliper and a 260mm disc on the rear. The AK550 is fitted with world class Bosch 9.1 ABS, which is the lightest, shortest stopping and fastest acting emergency braking system on the market.
Underneath the styled AK550 body, hides a smooth 550cc twin-cylinder EFI engine. When opened up the KYMCO twin puts out a highly responsive 39.9KW, plenty of power to excite as you carve up the open road. Two power modes are available on the fly from Normal (performance) to Wet, which offers a more reserved power delivery.
Upside down (USD) front forks are matched to three-stage reducer technology and a horizontal trailing arm rear suspension on the rear.
The AK550 has a great balance of large storage space for the tourer while keeping a compact body design to please the spirited rider.
An Australian first, the AK550 is equipped with KYMCO’s new Noodoe dashboard technology. Noodoe is an interactive dash that connects the riders smart phone to the scooter providing on board notifications, smart navigation options, customisable dash display options as well as the ability to create their very own unique dash display and are also able to share it, plus more through the Noodoe cloud.
The AK550 is will arrive on dealership floors in December and has a RRP of $11,990 inc GST plus on road costs. Available in Space Grey, the AK550 is supported by a national KYMCO dealer network and comes with KYMCO’s 3-year factory warranty program.
For further information on KYMCO’s AK550, get in contact with your local KYMCO dealer or head to the website www.kymco.com.au.
2018 Kymco AK550 Scooter Features:
- 550cc, in-line twin cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 8 valves
- New Noodoe dashboard technology
- Aluminium lightweight frame
- 41mm Upside down (USD) front fork
- Horizontal trailing arm rear suspension
- Twin 280mm front rotors, twin Brembo calipers, 260mm rear rotor, 9.1 Bosch ABS brake system
- 15-inch front alloy wheel with 120/70 METZELER tyre
- 15-inch rear alloy wheel with 160/60 METZELER tyre
- Low centre of gravity and near 50/50 weight distribution
- Low seat height, great ergonomics and confidence when manoeuvring
- Carefully structured exhaust system to enhance the distinctive twin cylinder sound
- Spacious under seat compartment (easily fits two helmets) and twin front glove box compartments
- LED lights, on board USB ports
- 3 year factory warranty
- Available colour in Space Grey