2017 KTM 1090 Adventure revealed
The daily commute, a weekend trip to the hills or an extended vacation in one of the world’s nicest motorcycling districts – the compact and lightweight 2017 KTM 1090 Adventure is ready for any adventure.
2017 KTM 1090 Adventure
The strong KTM steel trellis frame, top quality WP Suspension all around and twin 320 mm Brembo brake discs up front with radial 4-cylinder calipers leave no doubt – what you get is a genuine, fully fledged KTM Travel Enduro with some great equipment.
Quite simply, pure and unadulterated KTM Adventure. Extremely lightweight box pistons with a hard-wearing grafal coating, twin spark ignition, many DLC coated components and a multitude of other sophisticated details like the slipper clutch against rear wheel chatter make clear that the 1,050cc powertrain contains similar levels of innovative technology as the 1290 Super Adventure models.
Power that guarantees great performance in any situation with a sporting 125 hp (92 kW) at just 205 kg of dry weight.
Electronic goodies like traction control and ABS with different modes as well as the KTM ride mode technology are also among its standard features. In addition, the optional “Offroad Pack” adds special offroad modes.
Thanks to a contemporary VDO dashboard with two LCD displays and a handlebar-mounted menu switch, the electronics and riding assistance systems are easily configured and intuitive to operate.
The hardware is just as well though-out. Example: The large side bags and top case from the KTM PowerParts range cling on extra tight, using nearly invisible integrated mounting points, with no extra hardware necessary.
Highly ergonomical: Handlebar, footpegs, levers and windshield can be adjusted in several positions, tuning the ergonomics to riders of different statures.
The lightweight 1090 Adventure is as much at home in the twisties as on gravel or dirt tracks. At 185 mm suspension travel up front and 190 mm in the rear, it has plenty of reserves to cope with bumpy back roads.
Mounted on sporty cast alloy wheels, the OEM Metzeler Tourance Next tires in the sizes 110/70 R 19 front and 150/70 R 17 rear deliver maximum riding fun.
Still, despite all the performance, the 1090 Adventure remains an unassuming motorcycle, which also means low ownership costs.
A lower power version will also be available in some markets; with 95hp (70kW) of power.
- 95hp (70kW) whose performance can be reduced to 48 hp (35 kw)
- Highly developed LC8 V-Twin with dual-plug ignition, innovative Keihin engine management, electronic fuel injection and slipper clutch
- Output: 92kW/125hp, emissions max. torque: 109Nm, optional 70kW/95hp, emissions: Euro 4
- Strong trellis frame made from highly resilient chrome-molybdenum steel
- High-end, 43mm upside-down front forks made by WP Suspension with 185mm of travel
- WP shock absorber with 190mm of travel, adjustable preload adjuster and rebound damping
- Brembo braking system with radial four-cylinder calipers on two 320mm brake discs front, radial master cylinder, 267mm rear disc brake
- Aluminum handlebar, tapered and ball-burnished
- Multi-functional dashboard with two LCD displays, analog-style tachometer with adjustable shift light
- Integrated baggage carrier and case carrier for KTM luggage system
- Disengageable ABS, ride mode technology with three modes, multi-mode Traction Control (TC)
- Optional “Offroad Pack” with special offroad modes for ABS, traction control and performance characteristics
- Tubeless Travel Enduro tires Metzeler Tourance Next on cast aluminum wheels in 19’’ front and 17’’ rear
- Adjustable footpegs, handlebar and windshield