2017 Triumph Street Cup
With a name inspired by the club racing scene, the Street Cup has been designed to deliver all the attitude, personality, presence and style of a contemporary custom cafe racer for today’s riders.
2017 Triumph Street Cup
Sharing the same contemporary custom styling principles as the Street Twin, the new Street Cup
has the iconic Bonneville silhouette combined with clean lines, minimal bodywork and modern finishes.
These include cast wheels, elegant fuel tank with a locking fuel cap, black sculpted engine
covers with the Triumph makers mark triangle and Bonneville engine badge, elegant single throttle body with aluminium finisher and distinctive finned head and header clamps.
As you would expect from its name the new Street Cup is also absolutely loaded with distinctive and beautiful urban sports features and details, including:
- Dynamic sports focused ergonomics, engaged riding position and agile handling.
- Critically acclaimed 900cc ‘High Torque’ Bonneville engine perfect for urban blasts and twisty B-road ride-outs.
- Rider-focused technology for precision, control and safety, including ride-by-wire, switchable traction control, ABS and a torque assist clutch.
- Unique chassis for a neutral and predictable ride with a low seat height and confidence inspiring “stand-over” – delivering a truly accessible bike for every type of rider.
- Authentic bullet seat with Alcantara effect top panel, beautifully accented with Silver contrast stitching.
- Café racer inspired seat cowl, body colour painted with number board graphics. Easily removable to reveal pillion seat area.
- Colour matched fly-screen with matching graphic.
- Contemporary bar-end mirrors with forged arms.
- Twin clocks with polished stainless steel bezels, as featured on Thruxtons.
- Thruxton R style foot pegs
- Thruxton forged headlight mounts and painted bowl and bezel
- Sporty fork protectors, replacing the Street Twin’s classic ‘fork gaiters’
- Stylish Black bullet indicators
There is also an incredibly high level of finish across the whole bike with hand applied coach-lining
on the tank, pin-striped wheels, Gold coloured engine badges and unique decals and Triumph
In terms of paint schemes there are two exciting two-tone options to choose from, either Racing Yellow and Silver Ice with Jet Black hand-applied coach lining and Racing Yellow wheel pin-striping or Jet Black and Silver Ice with Goldhand-applied coach lining and Gold wheel pin-striping
To match its ‘street racer’ attitude the Street Cup has been developed to deliver more dynamic and sports focused ergonomics – without compromise to everyday comfort.
Compared to the Street Twin the rider is seated slightly higher and further back and the handlebar position is lower and slightly further forwards. This delivers a more engaged riding position and also improves physical turn in.
There are new distinctive dropped ‘Ace’ style bars and new, model specific rear suspension units that are longer (though still with the same 120mm rear wheel travel of the Street Twin), which raises the back end and steepens the head angle. Combined with the sporty riding position this enhances the bikes agility for direction changes.
Taking the Street Cup to a new level of specification we have new high value 2-piston sliding axial Nissin caliper with machined branding and a floating brake disc.
Just like the Street Twin, the new Street Cup chassis set-up is tuned to deliver a confidence inspiring and engaging ride.
With the same evolution to“stand-over” ergonomics for feet flat on the floor manoeuvrability and low seat height, at 780mm, the Street Cup is a truly accessible and fun bike for every type of rider to get on and go.
The critically acclaimed 900cc Bonneville engine from the Street Twin, makes the Street Cup the perfect companion for urban blasts and twisty B-road ride-outs.
A major update to the original Bonneville engine platform, the 900cc engine features a charismatic 270° firing interval for smooth, linear power delivery from the slick five-speed gearbox.
The engine is specifically tuned to deliver performance just where you need it, with an 18% increase in peak torque and up to 22% greater horse power in the mid-range than the previous generation engine, with peak torque figures of 80 Nm at 3200 rpm.
Enhanced throttle response from Triumph’s ride-by-wire fuel injection and cutting-edge liquid cooling system, carefully integrated into the distinctive character of the Street Cup, reduces fuel emissions and significantly improves fuel efficiency by up to 36% on the previous generation.
This, combined with a new extended service interval of 10,000 miles (16,000km) dramatically reduces the overall cost of ownership.
The Street Cup’s all new distinctive shorter and lighter twin upswept silencers, with satin black painted wrap and stainless steel end cap deliver the unmistakable sound of a British Twin, with a unique exhaust note to match its classic sporting character – rich, deep and full.
Combining the custom stripped-back looks of the Street Twin with contemporary capability for maximum precision, control and safety, the Street Cup comes complete with a wealth of advanced rider focused technology including:
- Ride-by-wire – Enhanced rideability, safety and control, from a single throttle body
- ABS – The latest generation anti-lock braking system – introducing a new level of safety and control yet remaining unobtrusive and with minimal visual impact
- Switchable traction control – Switchable traction control, accessed via the instrument menu,
helps to maximise rider safety and comfort
- Torque assist clutch – Designed to reduce clutch lever effort for the rider, bringing a lighter touch and feel to the clutch and making it easier to ride, and for longer
- Liquid Cooling – For cleaner and more fuel efficient riding (36% better fuel economy)
- LED Rear Light – Incorporated into the classic design, it creates a distinctive light pattern with enhanced power efficiency
- Engine Immobiliser – Incorporated into new key with high value Triumph badge
- USB Charging Socket – Mounted underneath the seat for convenient charging of essential devices
- Stylish twin clocks – Feature packed clocks (speedo and rev counter) cleverly
incorporating a digital menu system for fingertip control while riding. With: Gear position indicator, Odometer, Two trip settings, Service indicator, Range to empty, Fuel level, Average and current fuel consumption, Clock, Traction control settings
From the extensive optional accessory range, cruise control
and heated grips are available.