2019 Australian Superbike Championship classes announced
ASBK have officially announced the classes competing across the 2019 Championship. Leading the charge is Motorcycling Australia’s National Road Racing Championships, the YMI Superbike, Kawasaki Supersport and Supersport 300 classes, which each delivered superb sportsmanship and fierce rivalry throughout the 2018 season.
Each of these three National Championships will compete a hard-fought battle at all seven rounds. Returning in 2019 is the ever popular YMF R3 Cup, which will see more handlebar to handlebar action. The ever-popular category having added benefit for competitors to cross enter to the Supersport 300 class. The YMF R3 Cup will battle it out in Rounds 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
The all new bLU cRU Oceania Junior Cup will see a grid full of future Champions, joining the ASBK paddock at Rounds 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
The Motorcycling Australia National Championship battle continues when the action-packed Australian Sidecar Championship joins ASBK for Rounds 2, 5 and 6.
Returning after great success in 2018 will be the Superbike Masters, offering a chance for ASBK fans to take a trip down memory lane and celebrate the amazing bikes from the Championships past. Superbike Masters will join ASBK for Rounds 4 and 7.
2019 ASBK Calendar
- Official ASBK Test – Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit, VIC February 2 – 3
- Round 1- WSBK – Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit, VIC February 21 – 24
- Round 2- Wakefield Park Raceway – Goulburn NSW March 22 – 24
- Round 3- The Bend Motorsport Park – Tailem Bend, SA April 26 – 28
- Round 4- Morgan Park Raceway – Warwick, QLD July 5 – 7
- Round 5- Winton Motor Raceway – Benalla, VIC
September 6 – 8
- Round 6- Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit, VIC
October 4 – 6
- Round 7- Sydney Motorsport Park – Eastern Creek, NSW November 1 – 3