BMW Off Road Training & GS Tours announced
BMW Motorrad Australia has announced an extensive range of GS Off Road Training courses in 2018, across NSW, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia.
Hosted by motorcycle coaches Shane Booth and Chris Urquhart, BMW Motorrad Off Road Training has developed the technique and confidence of GS motorcyclists since 2003. The team has taught thousands of riders both in Australia and internationally. The following established courses are offered in 2018:
- Level 1 – Suitable for beginners through to experienced riders, Level 1 provides an off road skills foundation for BMW GS motorcyclists.
- Level 2 – Taking adventure riding to the next level, this course enables riders to build their skillset on more difficult terrain and learn the correct technique for riding over obstacles.
- Sand – Sand can cause many challenges for adventure riders. In this course, the BMW Motorrad instructors will assist riders in developing their confidence and the correct technique when crossing sand.
Exciting new adventure courses
With the success and increased demand for BMW GS Off Road Training, the following new courses have been added to the programme for 2018.
- Level 3 – Conquering technical riding and Enduro motorcycling, Level 3 is available via an expression of interest, for BMW GS riders determined on furthering their riding skills.
- Adventure Maintenance – Learn the basics of maintaining your motorcycle before, during and after your adventure ride.
- Adventure Masterclass – A combination of Level 1, Level 2, Sand and Maintenance courses, for complete BMW GS immersion.
Participants also have the option to combine these courses with a two-day GS Tour. GS Off Road Tours offer short-format, exciting adventure rides for GS owners. Held over two days, these rides are supported by experienced and professional operators.
“We are excited to provide an opportunity for GS riders to get the most out of their motorcycles,” said Nigel Harvey, BMW Motorrad National Marketing Manager. “BMW Off Road Training is renowned across Australia for expert coaching and rider development, encouraging participants to discover the country via motorcycle. With the addition of BMW GS Tours, we are pleased to further develop the BMW riding community.”
GS Tours allow motorcyclists to focus on the most important element of the trip: the riding. Supported by professional instructors, participants can focus on improving their skills and meeting new riding buddies, leaving the route planning and preparation to BMW Off Road Training.
The following 2018 GS Tours are available:
- Maleny, QLD: April 13th – 15th
- Mount Seaview, NSW: May 25th – 27th
- Wisemans Ferry, NSW: July 14th – 15th
Upcoming BMW Off Road Training courses:
- April 19 – Victor Harbor, SA // Adventure Maintenance Course
- April 20-21 – Victor Harbor, SA // Level 1
- April 22-23 – Victor Harbor, SA // Level 2
- May 9 – Krusics Ride Park, VIC // Adventure Maintenance Course
- May 10-11 – Krusics Ride Park, VIC // Sand Course
- May 23 – Mt Seaview, NSW // Adventure Maintenance Course
- May 24-25 – Mt Seaview, NSW // Level 1
- Jun 14 – Conondale, QLD // Adventure Maintenance Course
- Jun 15-16 – Conondale, QLD // Level 1
- Jun 17-18 – Rainbow Beach, QLD // Sand Course
For further details and more courses, please visit www.gsoffroad.com.au.