Moto Expo Baylisstic Scramble Teams announced
The who’s who of Australian motorcycle racing have been confirmed for the Baylissic Scramble Teams Challenge feature flat-track race at Melbourne Showgrounds on Sunday 25 November.
Bringing flat-track racing to the city, the Baylisstic Scramble Teams Challenge is a feature event of the bi-annual Moto Expowhich will see Melbourne Showgrounds transform into a motorcycling mecca on 23-25 November.
The four teams will be captained by some of the biggest names in Australian motorcycle racing including three-time Speedway World Champion Jason Crump, multiple Australian Champion Michael Kirkness, multiple Finke and Hattah Desert race champion Ben Grabham and Australian dirt-track icon Paul Caslick.
The obvious name missing from the line-up is host Troy Bayliss who was crowned multiple Pan Pacific Master Games Champion for mountain biking last Saturday only to then make friends with a tree on the Sunday.
Rueing the unfortunate turn of events, Bayliss said the line-up for the Baylisstic Scramble Teams Challenge was incredible.
“I am disappointed I cannot race at Moto Expo but the pace is going to be 110% and those walls are usually ridden in the race,” Bayliss explained. “It is fantastic to have Ben Grabham take my spot as Captain of Team 4. His usual race track is a desert or off-road circuit a long way out from any major city, so to have him racing in the heart of Melbourne is a very rare treat.
“The teams will be tightly matched,” Bayliss continued. “Jason (Crump) has drafted the three Waters brothers, Mick Kirkness is fresh from winning just about every Flat Track Australian title available this year and I have no doubt Paul (Caslick) will have his team fine-tuned and primed for victory.
Bayliss won’t be racing in the Baylisstic Scramble Teams Challenge but visitors to the show will still get to see him in action within the less strenuous Crumpy City Slide on Saturday afternoon from 4pm.
Entry to watch the scramble is included in the Moto Expo general entry fee. Visitors to Moto Expo Melbourne will see some of Australia’s best flat trackers, road racers, speedway icons and off road racers compete for $5000 in prizes thanks to KTM Australia and Shannons Insurance.
Baylisstic Scramble – Team 1
- Jason Crump (c) – Three-time Speedway World Champion
- Josh Waters – Three-time Australian Superbike Champion
- Brodie Waters – British Superbike racer
- Nick Waters – Australian Road Race and Dirt Track Champion
Baylisstic Scramble – Team 2
- Michael Kirkness (c) – Troy Bayliss Classic winner and multiple Australian Dirt Track Champion
- Kayden Downing – Casey Stoner Cup winner
- Max Whale – Multiple Australian Track Champion the 17 year old recently returned from a successful USA campaign where he raced the best in the world.
- Chris Seaton – Australian FX Superbike Champion
Baylisstic Scramble – Team 3
- Paul Caslick (c) – Nine-time Australian Dirt-Track Champion
- Luke Richards – seasoned dirt track racer
- Marty McNamara – Australian Pro 450 Track Champion
- Tyra Lynch – seasoned dirt track racer
Baylisstic Scramble – Team 4
- Ben Grabham (c) – two-time Finke Desert Race winner,
- Jessie Davies – multiple dirt track state title holder
- Brad Burns – multiple dirt track state title holder
- Brendan McCowat – seasoned dirt track racer
Event-goers are also invited to enjoy the City Slide bands and entertainment featuring the talented and award winning Shaun Kirk and dynamic power blues band The Ugly Kings in the City Slide pavilion on Saturday between 6.00pm – 9.00pm. Entry is $5 and includes a ticket in the draw to win a Royal Enfield 350 Classic motorcycle.
Showcasing the latest motorcycles, scooters, ATV’S, side-by-sides and much more the 2018 Moto Expo will also give visitors the opportunity to engage with industry experts, test ride a range of both adults and children’s motorcycles as well as be entertained by a full program of demonstrations, stunts, and special features. See the Moto Expo website for more information – www.motoexpo.com.au.