New Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide and Fat Boy Models
Harley Davidson have announced the return on the CVO Road Glide tourer and the new Fat Boy 30th Anniversary Limited Edition model. The Fat Boy Anniversary Edition will be limited to only 2,500 models World Wide so is set to become a collectable… From Harley Davidson.
Cloaked in dark finishes with bronze highlights and powered by a blacked-out Milwaukee-Eight® 114 engine, each of the 30th Anniversary Fat Boy models will be serialised with a number plate affixed to the fuel tank console.
The Harley-Davidson® CVO™ Road Glide® returns as a mid-year addition to the 2020 portfolio of limited-production, super-premium motorcycles from the Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations™ program. The CVO Road Glide offers the ultimate combination of premier style, performance, and ride-enhancing technology.
Fat Boy 30th Anniversary Limited Edition Model
The Fat Boy 30th Anniversary Limited Edition motorcycle celebrates the three-decade impact of the original model with a bold reinterpretation executed in dark finishes paired with a single colour option, Vivid Black. The cast-aluminium Lakester wheels are finished in Satin Black with machined highlights. The blacked-out Milwaukee-Eight 114 powertrain is finished with engine covers in gloss black and subtle bronze-tone lower rocker covers and timer cover script. The exhaust finished in a Black Onyx, a durable physical vapor deposition paint finish that reveals the underlying chrome in bright light.
A Vivid Black headlamp nacelle, handlebar and controls complete the over-all dark look that is
distinctive from the regular production model. A new bronze-tone waterslide Fat Boy tank logo complements the black finish and other bronze details that set the Limited-Edition Fat Boy apart from the regular-production model.
Based on the Harley-Davidson® Softail® platform launched in 2018, the Fat Boy redefines an icon with power and presence. The entire Fat Boy front-end is massive and topped with an LED headlamp in a newly shaped nacelle. The Lakester disc aluminium wheels update that defining Fat Boy style point. The 160-section front tyre is balanced by a signature 240 rear for a factory custom look.
H-D say the Softail frame and suspension combine to form a chassis that’s stiff and lightweight, for agility and performance that will exceed the expectations of the most-demanding cruiser riders. The mono-shock rear suspension preserves the signature “hard tail” lines of the Softail chassis and places a single coil-over shock absorber below the seat at the optimal angle for a smooth ride and handling. Remote hydraulic pre-load adjustment is accomplished by simply turning a knob located below the seat, making it easy to dial in the ride and handling for rider weight.
The Milwaukee-Eight 114 V-Twin engine, the most-powerful Softail powertrain option, delivers inspiring performance and classic Harley-Davidson look-sound-feel. The rigid-mounted powertrain further enhances chassis stiffness. Dual engine counter-balancers are tuned to reduce primary vibration at idle speed.
The base Fat Boy 30th Anniversary Limited Edition model doesn’t come cheap, at $35,995 AUD / $38,495 NZD* but it is sure to be an awesome investment…
CVO Road Glide
The CVO Road Glide model is a high-performance tourer motorcycle equipped to offer outstanding long-range comfort, performance, and a suite of new rider-assist technologies. Base price for the 2020 CVO Road Glide model is $55,995 AUD / $57,495 NZD*.
New features of the 2020 CVO Road Glide
- Reflex™ Defensive Rider Systems.
- Heated Kahuna™ Collection hand grips match Kahuna shifter ‘pegs, brake pedal cover, muffler end caps, heated grips and rider and passenger boards. The Kahuna Collection features mirror-like chrome surfaces surrounded by rich black rubber that provides grip and traction where needed. A red Bar & Shield™ logo completes the look on many Kahuna Collection components.
- Boom!™ Audio 30K Bluetooth® Helmet Headset.
- Low-profile two-piece fuel tank console with lighted CVO logo.
- A single-colour choice: Premium Sand Dune monotone finish with pearl topcoat and subtle graphics highlighted by Smoked Satin Chrome, Gloss Black and Black Onyx. Front and rear wheels are finished in Gloss Black/Smoked Satin. Heavy Breather air cleaner is finished in Gloss Black.
Key CVO Road Glide Model features
- The exclusive Knockout™ 21-inch front and 18-inch rear wheels feature a split seven spoke design that provides an open and airy look, with the spokes blending into the rim to add visual diameter. This is the only 21-inch front wheel fitment offered on a Harley Davidson Touring model. The front suspension is re-tuned for no compromise in handling and braking performance with this larger-diameter front wheel.
- The Fang Front Spoiler adds dramatic lower bodywork and a fresh custom styling feature exclusive to the CVO Road Glide. The bodywork has been designed and tested not to negatively affect Road Glide model aerodynamics.
- The Road Glide frame-mounted shark-nose fairing delivers world-class aerodynamics developed through wind tunnel testing to optimize rider comfort. Triple split stream vents alter the air pressure behind the fairing to reduce head buffeting. The fairing holds dual Daymaker™ LED reflector headlamps that light a brilliant path down the darkest roads.
- Molded saddlebags feature One Touch latches and can be opened or closed with a single finger push or pull.
- A high-performance Screamin’ Eagle® Heavy Breather intake improves air flow to the engine and adds bold hot-rod style.
- The built-in Wireless Headset Interface Module (WHIM) permits wireless Bluetooth headset connectivity to the Boom! Box GTS infotainment system.
* Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Ride Away pricing for base models. Options such as Parts & Accessories are available at additional cost.