Triumph Trident 660 LAMS: arriving Q1, $10,999 + ORC TBC
The Triumph Trident 660 enters the middleweight roadster category as a LAMS approved entry, with a unique triple engine, impressive technology and a competitive price, the Triumph Trident 660 introduces a whole new dimension to a new generation of Triumph riders here.
According to Triumph Motorcycles Australia, the Trident 660 combines triple engine performance, pure and minimalistic lines, and class-leading technology to deliver pure riding pleasure. The all-new Triumph Trident 660 marks the beginning of a new chapter for the Triumph Roadster segment and competes in what is now one of the most dynamic and exciting categories in motorcycling including the appeal for LAMs riders.
Its design, combined with class-leading technology and a new 660cc triple powertrain, constitute the perfect combination for a new generation of riders to enter the Triumph world, with a motorcycle that provides class leading riding agility, thrilling performance, enhanced by state-of-the-art safety features, and a modern British design.
The new 660 triple engine delivers all the character and performance advantages of a triple to the middle-weight category for the first time and has been developed specifically for the Trident with 67 new components and a unique torque and power rich tune.
Triumph say the Trident rider will experience the perfect balance of low-down torque, mid-range and top-end power, with the triple’s signature smooth, responsive and linear delivery. The result is an engine that has been designed to combine the low down and mid-range of a twin, with the top end performance of a four.
Triumph Trident 660 Highlights
Triple engine performance advantage
- Perfect combination of punchy linear power and torque, low down and across the whole rev range.
- LAMS approved 54hp@8,750rpm and 59Nm@5,000rpm.
- Slip and assist clutch.
- Unique triple sound.
Class-leading technology, fitted as standard
- Road and Rain riding modes.
- Switchable traction control (integrated into the riding modes).
- Ride by Wire throttle.
High specification features include:
- TFT display, with Accessory fit “My Triumph”.
- Connectivity System.
- All-LED lighting.
High specification, premium branded equipment, including:
- Showa upside down forks and Showa preload adjustable monoshock RSU.
- Nissin brakes with twin 310mm rotors.
- Michelin Road 5 tyres.
- Sporty, agile and dynamic confidence-inspiring ride.
- All-new chassis, with comfortable ergonomics and 805mm seat height.
- 189kg Curb Weight.
Unique character and distinctive style
- Original British design.
- Four stylish and contemporary colour scheme options.
- 45 dedicated Trident accessories.
- Starting at $10,999 (TBC closer to arrival) + ORC.
- Low cost of ownership and service costs.
- Low service workshop time.
- Class-leading 16,000km service interval.
- Global two-year unlimited mileage warranty.
Available in Australian Triumph dealerships from February 2021.