BMW Motorrad have just released their K 1600 line-up for 2022. Check out the changes they have made to the giant touring bike and all the trim levels you have to chose from below...
BMW‘s new K 1600 models will arrive in Australia for customer deliveries in Q1, 2022. BMW say the new models benefit from a range of enhancements that deliver new levels of performance, efficiency and style for the luxury super tourer. From: BMW Motorrad.
Six-cylinder in-line engines are a signature offering from BMW and have been at the heart of the K 1600 models since 2010. The characterful powerplant has been adapted to the current EU-5 regulations while adopting the BMS-O engine control, two knock sensors and two lambda probes.
In addition to improved emission values, there are also noticeable benefits to the engine’s power and torque figures. The nominal capacity is still 118kW (160 hp), though it is now achieved at 6750rpm, which is 1000rpm earlier than before.
Engine drag torque control (MSR) is another new component. The technology helps avoid unstable riding conditions that can arise in coasting mode or when shifting down gears due to excessive slip at the rear wheel.
The 2022 line-up begins with the K 1600 GT, which represents the particularly agile, dynamic variant of the line-up, while the K 1600 GTL with its more comfortable ergonomics and standard topcase, offers a pleasurable all-round riding experience.
BMW say the K 1600 B is a completely different breed. It provides characteristic “streamlining” with a low rear section in bagger style and proudly lives up to “The Spirit of the Open Road” title. It represents elegance, power and luxury on two wheels and allows the rider to experience every road and every moment with an elevated intensity.
Derived from the K 1600 B, the K 1600 Grand America combines the superior performance of the six-cylinder in-line engine with exclusive equipment that make long-distance rides both comfortable and invigorating, whether riding alone or with a companion.
The BMW Motorrad Dynamic ESA “Next Generation” (Electronic Suspension Adjustment) on the new K 1600 GT, GTL, B and Grand America enables even higher levels of riding safety, performance and comfort thanks to damping that automatically adapts to the riding conditions and manoeuvres.
The new full LED headlight with LED lens technology and iconic daytime riding light – the latter which is standard on locally-delivered models – illuminates the road with an unrivalled bright, clear light and underlines the premium positioning of the new six-cylinder models. The swivelling adaptive headlight function, a new addition for the 2022 models, points the low-beam LED headlight into the curve according to the heel angle.
By swivelling the entire headlight unit by two degrees, the vehicle dynamic states – including braking and accelerating – are automatically controlled and optimum illumination is ensured at all times. In addition, there are a number of new light functions including the “welcome light” feature.
The new K 1600 GT, GTL, B and Grand America are fitted as standard with a new 10.25-inch TFT colour display with integrated map navigation and connectivity. The infotainment system offers outstanding readability, clear menu navigation and a highly integrated operating concept. The new colour display allows a navigation map to be displayed on the instrument cluster.
All locally delivered BMW K 1600 models are fitted with the new Audio System ECE, providing a more intensive sound experience than ever before.
The new K 1600 GT, GTL, B and Grand America are available in a variety of colour options, including Black Storm Metallic, Light White/Racing Blue Metallic/Racing Red combination and special finishes Option 719 Mineral White Metallic and Option 719 Meteoric Dust 2 Metallic.
BMW K 1600 Range & Specs
K 1600 GT: $41,120*
- 1,649cc 6-cylinder inline cross engine (12.2:1 compression, EU5, 118kW @ 5,250 rpm, 180Nm at 5,250 rpm, Shaft Drive, Anti-hopping Clutch, Powertrain Black)
- Radio software OCE
- Daytime Riding Light
- Cast aluminium wheels
- BMW Motorrad Integral ABS
- BMW Motorrad Duolever & BMW Motorrad Paraleve
- Electronics: Dynamic ESA, Hill Start Control Pro, DTC (Dynamic Traction Control), Steering Stabiliser, Tyre Pressure Control, Electronic Immobiliser, Colour TFT 10.25″ Screen with Connectivity
- Comfort: Heated Grips, Comfort turn indicator, Adaptive Headlight, Configurable Function Buttons, Seat Heating, 12V socket, Cruise control
- Centre stand
- Integral Panniers (removable)
- Adjustable windscreen (electric)
- Luggage Rack
- Reversing Aid
- Smartphone Tray with USB port
- Lockable Storage Compartments
- K 1600 GT Sport: $41,920: Includes all standard specification and optional equipment from the K 1600 GT but is finished in Light White/Racing Blue Metallic/Racing Red.
K 1600 B: $41,125*
Includes all standard specification from the K 1600 GT but can be optioned at no cost in the following:
- Black Storm Metallic
- Option 719 Meteoric Dust Metallic
- Manhattan Metallic Matt
K 1600 B Grand America: $43,740*
Includes all standard specification from the K 1600 B and adds the following:
- Windshield High
- Additional audio system speakers
- Top Case
K 1600 GTL: $41,860*
- Mirrors specification of K 1600 GT and finished exclusively in Black Storm Metallic.
K 1600 GTL Exclusive: $42,975*
- Mirrors specification and options of K 1600 GTL but finished exclusively in Gravity Blue Metallic.
K 1600 GTL Option 719: $44,860
- Mirrors specification and options of K 1600 GTL Exclusive but finished exclusively in Option 719 Mineral White Metallic.
*Recommended Retail Pricing is shown and includes GST, but excludes on-road costs. Customers are advised to contact their nearest BMW Motorrad dealer for all pricing enquiries.