2021 bLU cRU Oceania Junior Cup Rider Line-up
The 2021 bLU cRU Oceania Junior Cup (OJC) will see a full field of Australia’s future racing stars battle for victory in the nation’s premier junior road racing academy; as part of the mi-bike Motorcycle Insurance Australian Superbike Championship, presented by Motul.
Officially supported by the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM), FIM Oceania and recognised by Dorna Sports sl, as part of the Road to MotoGP program, the Oceania Junior Cup program is already proving to be the international springboard it was intended to be.
2021 will see 13 new riders join the OJC family, with all 20 riders lining-up on track at Round 1 of the ASBK at the Australian All Wheels Race Fest, Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit, February 19-21.
The youngest rider joining the paddock is 11-year-old Elijah Andrew from Marayong NSW, with the eldest being newcomer Tate McClure, 15, from Mitre, Victoria, and the first competitor to come from Tasmania, 11-year-old Oliver Skinner from Brighton.
In addition, such is the talent in the class, riders have been selected to compete in international competitions such as the Asia Talent Cup, Red Bull Rookies Cup, and European Talent Cup.
Riders competing in the 2021 Championship are provided with a race-prepped Yamaha YZF-R15 bike, equipped with Pirelli tyres, Öhlins suspension, RK chains, Motul oil, Ricondi Motorcycle Apparel leathers and gloves, AGV helmets, TCX boots, round entries, transportation of bikes, pre-event service of bikes, technical support, spare parts budget, and OJC team uniform.
Riders competing in the 2021 championship will receive elite coaching to help develop their bike skills and technique, health and fitness, sportsmanship, and off-track activities such as media and fan engagement.
“It is fantastic to see the program grow from strength to strength, and to have another full grid of young talented and enthusiastic riders, who like ASBK fans, can’t wait to get the season under way,” said Motorcycling Australia Operations Director, Martin Port.
2021 bLU cRU Oceania Junior Cup Field
- No.40 Oliver Skinner – Brighton, TAS
- No.42 Riley Nauta – Worongary, QLD
- No.46 William Hunt – Mulgoa Rise, NSW
- No.41 Hudson Thompson – Charmhaven, NSW
- No.13 Marcus Hamod – Bulli, NSW
- No.66 Lachlan Moody – Mt Louisa, QLD
- No.14 Harrison Watts – Cashmere, QLD
- No.33 Jack Favelle – Cattai, NSW
- No.12 Nikolas Lakusic – Forestdale, QLD
- No.68 Ryan Larkin – Gonn Crossing, VIC
- No.48 Valentino Knezovic – Ryde, NSW
- No.93 Tate McClure – Mitre, VIC
- No.18 Elijah Andrew – Marayong, NSW
- No.65 Nate O’Neill – Silkstone, QLD
- No.26 Cameron Swain – Warner, QLD
- No.27 Toby James – HMAS Cerberus, VIC
- No.72 Levi Russo – Narellan, NSW
- No.35 Varis Fleming – Beaconsfield, VIC
- No.71 James Weaver – North Gosford, NSW
- No.29 Hayden Nelson – Hillville, NSW