Yamaha have released a number of updates to their 2022 range. Included in the updates is a track only YZF-R6, Tenere 700, XSR700 and TMAX 560 Tech MAX... Press Release: Yamaha Australia.
Yamaha have released a number of updates to their range including a wild new R6 track only model, new colours for the XSR700 and Tenere 700 and updates to the TMAX 560. Check out all the changes coming to Australian shores during 2022 below…
For 2022 Yamaha’s XSR700 will be available in two hot new retro colours that echo the legendary liquid-cooled two-strokes of the 1980s. Yamaha’s RDLC range took the two- heeled world by storm and the new XSR700s are set to bring back the passion with a new LED headlight, larger and reshaped front brake disc for improved stopping performance and a revised cockpit layout.
Neat design touches include the scalloped paint lines that nod to the popular 40-year-old 250 and 350cc hotrods. XSR700 is based on the MT-07LA model and is fully LAMs approved with a 655cc twin cylinder 270-degree engine that is tuned to maximise learner bike regulations.
2022 XSR700 Key features
- 655cc 270-degree parrallel twin engine – fully LAMs approved
- New XSR family LED lighting
- Larger 298mm front brake disc
- Revised cockpit layout with integrated headlight stays
- Evolved design details
- Light and slim tubular backbone frame
- Colouring and graphics inspired by iconic RDLC range
2022 YZF-R6 Track Only Model
Following another dominant display in the 2021 World Supersport Championship, Yamaha’s YZF-R6 will be made available as a track day weapon.
The most winning supersport machine will come with all the power, control and handling that the YZF-R6 is famous for but without road going gear such as lights, mirrors and indicators. As such, YZF-R6 is aimed at racers and track day enthusiasts and will be available in very limited numbers.
YZF-R6 Track Only Key Features
- Compact Deltabox frame and lightweight magnesium subframe
- Sophisticated electronic control systems
- Aerodynamic race-developed bodywork
- High-specification R1-type front forks
- Race-ready specification – not for road use • Class-leading R1-type front brakes
- Lightweight aluminium fuel tank
- Race-bred ergonomics
- Lightweight high-performance 599cc engine
2022 Ténéré 700
The lightweight no compromise Ténéré 700 adventure bike continues into 2022 with one of the highest specifications in its class. Equipped with the successful CP2 689cc parallel-twin engine and designated off-road chassis, Ténéré 700 is designed to deliver class-leading handling and agility in the dirt – combined with high speed long distance performance on the road – making it extremely capable in Australian conditions.
Three hot new colours arrive for 2022 – Icon Blue and Heritage White hark back to the period when Yamaha dominated the Dakar with riders like Stéphane Peterhansel. Midnight Black is the third colour for this popular ADV twin. Australia will not receive the Euro-spec Rally Edition model.
2022 Ténéré 700 Key features
- High torque, 689cc, 4-stroke CP2 engine
- Lightweight double cradle tubular steel frame
- Slim, compact and ergonomic body and seat
- Aggressive rally-bred face with 4-LED headlights
- Adjustable long-travel 43mm USD forks
- Remotely adjustable rear suspension
- Rally style cockpit with tapered handlebars
- 21-inch/18-inch spoked wheels with adventure tyres
- Slim long-range fuel tank with 16-litre capacity
- Switchable ABS for on the fly adjustment
2022 TMAX Tech MAX
For 2022 the TMAX benefits from a radical new Supersport-inspired design together with a more compact new body as well as updated wheels and suspension that Yamaha say delivers sportier handling performance.
The new TMAX Tech MAX is also the smartest and highest specification Yamaha scooter, and is equipped with full-colour 7-inch connected TFT instruments offering full-map Garmin navigation. Available in premium spec Tech MAX only in Dark Petrol, the new flagship scooter is sportier, slimmer, smarter and ready to deliver the ultimate fully-automatic riding experience.
MY22 TMAX new features
- New connected multi-display 7-inch full- colour TFT screen
- Smartphone connectivity and full-map Garmin Navigation
- Dynamic new sports body design with supersport-inspired face and improved rider and passenger ergonomics
- New adjustable screen with centre air vent
- Bold new dual slimline LED lights with integrated flashers
- Longer seat with adjustable rider’s backrest and longer footboards
- Forged aluminium bars with revised shape
- New lightweight spin forged 10-spoke wheels
- Newly developed model-specific Bridgestone Battlax SC2 tyres
- Sportier suspension damping settings