Being a great champion means not only winning races, but also doing it with the same passion over the years! Valentino Rossi won his first 125cc world title more than 20 years ago in 1997, and since then he has always raced in AGV Helmets.
With the collaboration of designer Aldo Drudi, AGV developed a special graphic that is based on the one Valentino had when he secured his first victory, the famous sun/moon, and re-adapts it to the Pista GP R helmet, which features visible carbon, neon yellow instead of yellow, and a revised logo to celebrate the 20th anniversary of his first victory. This is because Valentino is not just a great motorcycling champion, but also an internationally famous Italian icon.
The Rossi 20 Years replica helmet (a limited edition, with only small quantities) is available now at Official AGV stockists in Australia in the Pista GP R model, priced at $1999,00. Refer to your trusted Aussie dealer for more details. Dealer listing at agvhelmets.com.au.
The limited edition will bear the same graphics as Valentino’s helmet, with the exception of other sponsors’ logos and the visor components and accessories.
The Pista GP R, an evolution of the innovative Pista GP, the MotoGP helmet, is the most protective helmet ever to be developed. Thanks to the introduction of Race 3 Max Pinlock, a Class 1 Optic visor with 100% Max Vision Pinlock (120), and the patented Visor Lock System (VLS) fastening, the full carbon AGV Pista GP R helmet offers an unbeatable field of vision.
The new wind-tunnel-tested “Biplano” spoiler, guarantees optimum aerodynamic performance, while comfort levels benefit from a patented interior structure and an Integrated Ventilation System (IVS). The Pista GP R is the first helmet to offer a hydration system, composed of a series of ducts and a valve located on the inside of the chin piece.
A combination of protection, performance and comfort, the Pista GP R is the result of AGV Extreme Standards, an integrated design protocol that revolutionises the design process, allowing for a significant and demonstrable improvement in helmet performance in terms of its protection against impact, peripheral vision, compact design, reduced weight, aerodynamics, ventilation and ergonomics.
AGV Pista GP R Technical Features
- 100% carbon fibre
- 4 sizes of 5-density EPS structure, 4 shell sizes, 1,350 g (in the case of shell size 1),
- Double D retention system
- Attachments positioned outside the helmet
- Metal air vents
- New ducts in the chin piece
- New wind-tunnel-tested “Biplano” spoiler with CX improved by 4% (CX 0.56)
- 5mm thickness and optic class 1. Patented visor locking system Max
- Pinlock 120 included 190° horizontal view85° vertical view
- Customised fit New interior construction Rapid removal of patented cheek pads
- Rapid hydration system included
- Internal shape offering collarbone protection
- Compact design Design curves anatomically around the head
- (For Rossi 20 Years, MS, ML and L only available in Australia)